GuyRule #246.0: Calling Shotgun
"When 'Calling Shotgun' [to see who gets to ride up front next to the driver]:
Bonus: It is often fun to whisper "shotgun" in your competitor's ear to truly humiliate him for his slow reaction time.
- You and the driver must be outside.
- The car must be off and doors must be closed.
- If you call shotgun too early, you are automatically disqualified from the runnings (sorry).
- All disagreements over the rules are ultimately decided by the driver.
- For simultaneous calls, it is a physical battle for whoever's ass touches the seat first.
- If you have shotgun privileges and leave the car to run an errand for the driver, other buddies cannot steal your shotgun
position. (ex. getting out to buy beer).
- Buddies that refuse to obey these rules forfeit all shotgun privileges in other cars
Super Bonus: the driver can overrule all calls in order to curb the chance of a 'herb' gaining access to shotgun.
Super Duper Bonus: with the privileges of shotgun come added responsibilities: when riding shotgun you are
responsible for mooning pedestrians and joining the driver in giving the finger." -James &